Johnson & Johnson
Senior Finance Analyst
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a Senior Finance Analyst you will be reporting into the DePuy Ireland Finance Director. This role will lead a team and provide direction/support in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Treasury and Intercompany Accounts.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Finance Analyst will be to ensure that all of the aforementioned finance functions are managed and controlled effectively. In conjunction with this, this position will help lead a project to transition all of the above functions to multiple off-shore locations over the course of a 12 month period.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a team of 9 direct reports.
- Responsible for providing direction and support to the team during a period of significant change and uncertainty as the project progresses.
- Responsible for the professional development of all team members.
- Responsible for ensuring all department members are trained adequately.
- Responsible for performing performance appraisals for all direct reports.
Coordination of Transition Project
- Oversight and completion of end to end project.
- Main point of contact for the sending team for any issues/concerns that arise from all parties involved.
- Maintaining motivation within the team to deliver on milestones and to a consistently high standard.
Lead DePuy Ireland AP & AR Sub Ledger/General Ledger Accounting
- Management of day-to-day AP duties.
- Provide guidance and solutions to business partners on issues that arise.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum efficiencies are being achieved regarding invoice processing, payments & 3rd Party/Intercompany creditor reconciliations.
- Management of day-to-day AR duties.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum efficiencies are being achieved regarding invoice/statement generation, receipt of payments & Trade/Intercompany debtor reconciliations.
- Coordinate cut-off procedures to achieve accurate month end reporting.
- Intercompany Accounting.
- Responsible for adherence to all BRAVO etc reporting requirements in relation to intercompany activity.
Lead Treasury & Cash Management
- Treasury and Cash Management for DePuy Ireland.
- Work with J&J Regional Cash Management to ensure adequate funding to meet payment obligations.
- Streamline manual payment processes.
Process Improvements & Cost Reductions
- Seek to continuously improve processes and introduce automation in finance processes.
SOX and Audit Compliance
- Liaise with external and internal auditors.
- DCM review for all cycles relevant to the role.
- Ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with all SOX and internal J&J control guidelines.
- J.D. Edwards System
- Implement system enhancements within the General Ledger.
- Continuously improving controls, including edit reports and system access.
- Participate in both DePuy & MD&D cross-functional teams as required by the business.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
- To adhere to the company’s procedures at all times.
- Ensure all quality and health & safety policies are adhered to.
Key Competencies Required
- Strong people management and business partnering skills
- Effective communicator
- Judgment & Tact
- High initiative
- Planning and organizing skills
- Results orientation
- Excellent time management and multitasking skill Facilitator
Essential Criteria Required
- Minimum 4/5 years relevant prior experience in a financial accounting role within a multinational company & specifically the areas of AP, AR, Treasury & VAT.
- People Management experience essential for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, patient and empathetic
- Qualified Accountant.
- Good personal computer skills - ideally Microsoft Office.
- Experience on a computerized accounting package – ideally JD EDWARDS