Johnson & Johnson
Senior Process Engineer - Leeds
Senior Process Engineer - Leeds
This role is a Hybrid role and you will be required on-site a minimum of 3 days a week.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The purpose of this position is to provide engineering support to new product development projects and whilst also supporting the development of 3D technology, prototypes. The role will support R&D and the Global Instrument Centre on new product development and cost improvement programmes.
Participates in comprehensive engineering activities to develop and implement effective, high-quality processes. Provides tooling designs and feedback for improvements in manufacturability. Implements equipment, materials, and process performance requirements perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality products in required quantities at an effective cost. Facilitates experiments and capability studies, develops process specifications and designs and procures process tools. Evaluates and advise on the selection of suitable equipment for optimized, balanced line performance. Processes analyses of new systems and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement of present methods. Edits and publishes process documentation and training materials for processes, materials, and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver NPI projects through the product management team, by providing engineering support and expertise to achieve high-quality and on-time launches.
- To provide Engineering support and actively drive the development and optimization of manufacturing solutions to include but not be limited to:
- Process Planning / Methods Engineering
- Creation of Detailed Manufacturing Routes
- Computer Aided Manufacture (CNC)
- Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM)
- Continuous improvement
- To ensure that the additive process meets all corporate and regulatory requirements for Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
- To ensure all manufacturing solutions and manufacturing related documentation is accurate, meet all corporate and regulatory requirements: to include required project documentation including risk assessments / process FMEA’s etc.
- Adherence to departmental policies and procedures in line with the companies quality systems and standards.
- Represent and lead Engineering responsibilities, within project core teams throughout the organisation.
- To carry out such further tasks that may be delegated by immediate management.
Professional Experience Required:
- Capable of developing a productive working relationship with Manufacturing Operations to define and prioritise work tasks.
- Experience of working with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
- Minimum of Degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience of the process and machine development is desirable.
- Good experience in devising, implementing, monitoring and managing project plans.
- Computer literacy especially with respect to ‘Office’ based tools including MS project management, Word, Excel, Visio, Mind Manager, Mini Tab
- Experience of validation within a regulated environment (ISO 9001/ 2000, FDA QSR regulations)
- Process Excellence / Six Sigma type environment. (Black/Green Belt) is desirable
Qualifications, Experience and Special Aptitudes:
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree or significant relevant experience
- Good knowledge of the processes and equipment used in implant and instrument manufacturing
- Good understanding of the design process and tools used
- Good Knowledge of CAD/CAM/CMM desirable
- Good experience in FEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, 6 sigma and Lean
- Good Experience of project management and problem solving
- Good knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements and related standards, with demonstrated understanding of the practical application of these requirements
- Passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can do attitude
- Self-motivated/managed and motivated towards achieving goals
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and networks locally/globally
- Make complex issues clear and transparent
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate and use conflict resolution skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- This role is INSIDE IR35. The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or Umbrella options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.email@example.com
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.