Johnson & Johnson
Senior Process Engineer - LEEDS
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
As the process engineer you will provide technical support to be taken for the manufacturing process steps and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost. You will focus on process stability which will involve managing CAPA and CIP projects in areas such as Calibration and Maintenance. And as the process owner you will be involved in providing outstanding collaboration with other functional groups delivering projects in the value streams such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other DePuy Synthes sites.
- 12 Month Contract (Likelihood of Extension)
- £23-27 p/h PAYE
- Based in Leeds
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Work closely with the inhouse maintenance & calibration teams to provide engineering support where required.
- Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Preparation manufacturing specifications.
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
- Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Should cooperate with their employer on all aspects of health and safety, and assist them in discharging their legal duties
- Should not intentionally interfere with, misuse or damage any equipment provided in the interests of health and safety
- Internal And External Relationships
This function involves liaising with:
- Safety & Quality Functions
- Maintenance and Calibration Functions
- Demand, GSC & Distribution
- Global Instrument Centre
- Research & Development
- Marketing, Customer Services & Sales Representatives
- External Suppliers of Goods and Services
- Experience of the medical device industry, preferably including knowledge of equipment/processes used in implant and instrument manufacturing
- Experience of managing Audit Actions, NCR’s & CAPA’s within the quality management system
- Experience of CAD/CAM
- Some experience in FEA, DFMA, FMEA, 6 sigma and Lean
- Experience of project management and problem solving
- Knowledge of quality systems, regulatory requirements and related standards, with demonstrated understanding of the practical application of these requirements
- Passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can do attitude
- Self directed/managed and motivated towards achieving goals
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and networks locally/globally
- Make complex issues clear and transparent
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate and use conflict resolution skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or LTD options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.