Johnson & Johnson
UK - Analyst 3, Finance - (Regional Inventory Analyst)
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a finance professional to join the team, located in Pinewood Campus, United Kingdom. 6 months contract.
The Global Services Centre of Excellence has responsibility for providing accounting services, business analytics and reporting for Finance colleagues in 22 countries across the Consumer EAME region. Johnson & Johnson Consumer EAME has sales of over $ 4B across ~100 different brands.
This is a key role within the GS CoE Inventory Accounting Team.
Key to this role is to provide financial support to Local Finance, Regional Supply Chain and business support teams, ensuring that Inventory related financial processes are aligned across all Markets within Region, Inventory accounting is accurate and compliant in line with Johnson & Johnson Worldwide Procedures (WWP).
Our vision is to be the outstanding Health & Wellness organization by leveraging the commercial strategy to deliver competitive advantage and value creation for the consumer, customer and J&J. And as part of one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world, our brands leverage the company’s world-class research tools and scientific prowess to provide consumers across the globe with innovative consumer medicines, skin, baby and crucial health solutions. We seek to meet the health needs of families everywhere through a broad range of well-known and trusted health products. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed.
What will you do?
- Point of contact and key business partner for all Inventory (P&L and Balance Sheet) related month end closing activities and ongoing processes and queries for a cluster of countries within Consumer EAME structure.
- Supporting the Senior Regional Inventory Analyst with any queries or projects as they occur.
- Inventory process in scope include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intercompany Profit Elimination (PII)
- SLOB provision
- Revaluation Analysis
- Regional Inventory Days calculations
- POS re-classification
- Direct GRIR analysis
- Regional FAA calculation
- Co-ordination of the Distribution process
- Ensure all Inventory related OCNIS costs – e.g. purchase price variances, inventory adjustments/reserves and environmental taxes/cosmetics taxes are calculated, accrued and booked properly and on time – in line with local law and WWP.
- Warehousing and out-bound transportation costs are booked correctly, all necessary accruals calculated and booked correctly and on time.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional supply chain organization, local finance and supply chain business planning by providing accounting expertise and support.
- Work closely with Regional Operations Accounting Manager and Senior Inventory Analyst on process improvements. Proactively and continuously identify areas for improvement. Promote and share best practices.
- Closely cooperate with Regional Supply Chain and CLS to make sure regional solutions and practices are implemented.
- Provide management information and analysis for management and cooperate with Internal and External Auditors.
- Involvement in various Projects across COE, with a focus on those that touch Inventory.
Note: Requires process expertise, in depth knowledge and understanding of WWP.
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings.
- Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines
- Newly qualified accountant or an international qualified accountant equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years financial experience.
- English essential
- Other European languages desirable
- Strong accounting and operations background
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel, and ideally J&J systems
- Ideally familiar with Johnson & Johnson worldwide procedures and practices.
- Customer Focus
- Challenge status quo and process improvements approach
- Working to tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment across all layers of the business
- Very strong communication skills
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.