Johnson & Johnson
BE - Laboratory Associate Scientist (Parenteral and Liquid Development)
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
Global Pharmaceutical Product Development & Supply (PPDS) department is recruiting a Laboratory Associate Scientist!
Global Pharmaceutical Product Development & Supply (PPDS) is a department of Chemistry Pharmaceutical Development & Supply (CPDS) within Discovery, Product Development & Supply (DPDS), responsible for the development of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Development centers are located in the US, Asia and Europe.
For the location in Europe (Belgium, Beerse) there is an open vacancy for a Laboratory Associate Scientist on Parenteral and liquid Development with general expertise in conventional Pharmaceutical manufacturing for solution, suspensions, sterile conventional preparations and/or characterization such as pH, osmolarity, particle size measurement …
The overall mission is to strengthen the capabilities for parenteral and liquid dosage forms.
Key elements of success a reflexibility, accuracy, teamwork, international networking and building up the scientific knowledge/expertise.
- You execute lab experiments, e.g. preparation of small scale liquid formulations, characterization of the formulations (pH, appearance, particle size, viscosity, microscopic pictures), and evaluation of short/long-term stability.
- You execute formulation and process development activities in the area of parenteral and liquid formulations development with broader focus on conventional and enabling technology platforms.
- You document and review data ELN.
- You ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements, environmental health and safety.
- A Bachelor or Master in Pharmaceutical or Chemical Technology (preferably 2 or more years industrial experience) or Equivalent by experience in operational areas in relevant fields such as pharmaceutical or chemical pilot plants, most ideally in the field of parenteral and liquid dosage form development.
- You have a broad, operational knowledge in formulation and process development for parenteral and liquid dosage forms, i.e. technical expertise in laboratory manufacturing of conventional suspension/solution preparation, and/or enabling technologies (such as wet milling).
- You execute hands on experience of working on different conventional/enabling technologies mentioned in above point.
- You have operational experience working within GMP requirements, implementing and maintaining high quality standards for all aspects of the work conducted including adherence to regulatory GMP, departmental, and safety guidelines.
- You master basic experience in writing skills, development reports, and protocols.
- You are able to clearly communicate in English and to build up a broad network within Janssen as well as external partners.
- You are motivated, feel at home, and enjoy working in an international diverse team.
- Flexible working hours.
- You will work on-site in Beerse.
- This is a long term contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner Randstad Professionals. They can offer you a contract of indefinite duration, a project contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J or a freelance contract.