Johnson & Johnson
IT Project Manager - HYBRID (London)
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
- Immediate Start
- £44-47 p/h PAYE (Higher LTD options available)
- Hybrid (London)
- 2 Months Initially - High Likelihood of extension until January 2024
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
In our sophisticated and changing healthcare environment, our company must anticipate, define, and develop new value propositions for our customers. These propositions shall include business models, programs and services that generate positive relationships with our customers and secures long term collaboration.
We are recruiting for an IT Project Manager Managed Service MedTech in the space of Hospital Logistic & Finance in Medical Technology EMEA.
In this role you will lead and execute in close partnership with business the RFP and project execution of an ERP software upgrade project of Microsoft (MS) Dynamics for the legal entity managed service in UK. This includes project management, content and solutioning.
The role is key to building increased partnership with our customer, supplier and business partner focus on connect, impactful decision making and influencing skills.
Reporting into the IT Director Hospital Logistic & Finance, you will primary be responsible for day-to-day project management of the upgrade project including process optimizations, accountable for project planning, delivery and for project execution excellence ensuring compliance, practices, and standards.
Project / Program management
- Monitor the various project cycles and keep the timelines and planning of the various project phases integrated with the complete program plan.
- Build awareness on critical issues and hold teams accountable to deliver against critical tasks.
- Effectively coordinate priorities and timelines across the different project value streams
- Effective and transparent communication towards PMO on status / results and make risks clear where appropriate
- Work closely with our internal and external technology partners to ensure effective and timely closure of their deliverables (Object delivery / Defect resolution / Transports / ...).
- Ensure interdependencies are identified and managed appropriately
- Perform Discovery of Business needs
- Enter Business needs into the Demand Management Intake platform
- Create and manage user stories includes but is not limited to:
- User story grooming with functionally specific project teams
- Update user stories until they are in Definition of Ready (DoR)
- Define user acceptance criteria in review with functional project teams
- JIRA Project Backlog Administration
- Provide consultation on requirements to the product owner/business owner
- Overall documentation of project requests, user stories, backlog
- Build and Drive SDLC documentation and work with Compliance Teams on other requirements to set sustainable governance and Change management
Project & Program Methodology
- Coach and train project team members on the overall project methodology as well as individual aspects of the testing approach.
- Drive effective and consistent use of Project tools (eg: Jira / X-Ray).
- Identify, propose and implement improvements on existing project management tools and processes.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or MBA is highly desirable
- PMP, FPX, or equivalent certifications preferred
- Certification in areas of expertise (e.g., APICS, Lean/Six Sigma /Process Excellence, etc.) is helpful
- Minimum Eight (8) years of meaningful experience required
- Experience working within virtual teams in complex organizations
- Demonstrated hands-on large project management/delivery experience
- Microsoft or other major ERP implementation experience is highly preferred
- Life Science / MedTech experience
- In depth involvement in software / technology testing and validation
- Experience gathering requirements and translating into a product vision by leveraging their expertise in product development, engineering and UX
- Foundational skills (at minimum) in Data Engineering, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Automation and Emerging Technology
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including user story creation, backlog prioritization, coordination with scrum teams and UAT is required, preferably in large organizations
- Quickly learns business and complex processes, along with ability to understand and work across multiple business domains.
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their technology implications.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to partner with external development teams.
- Experience working with cross-regional/global IT and Cross-Functional Teams
- Must be skilled in building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Understanding of the EMEA Compliance Regulations (GDPR, etc.) and the J&J Compliance teams
- Experience with GxP systems or atleast meaningful knowledge of GxP
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
- Excellent Program / Project management Skills combined with in depth knowledge of Software Delivery and Testing methodologies and processes
- Ability to inspire change via strong engagement/communication combined with Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills, with proven track record to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels within the organization from analyst to senior leaders) as well as the ability to collaborate and build positive relationships
- Outcome Oriented – ability to drive to ambitious timelines
- Proactive, Self-starter with ability to make a difference quickly
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain interactions and interdependencies with other functions, including end-customer touchpoints is required.
- Creates a culture that relentlessly focuses on helping the people and organizations we touch
- Focus on Business agility, Agile delivery with a fail-fast mindset, and measurable outcomes*
- Demonstrated success in leading teams and creating an environment that fosters delivering results through collaboration in cross-functional self-organized teams
- Contributes ideas that challenge thinking
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability of accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in English Written and Conversation
- Ability to travel in UK locations for internal meetings (25%)
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- The pay rate for this role will depend on how you are paid (PAYE or LTD options).
- We are looking to process the first round of applications within the next 2 working days.
- We do not accept applications via email.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Make sure you fill out your application in full, your personal CV will be used for the recruiter’s reference only, they are not sent to Hiring Managers. Ensure all relevant information is included in your application!
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.