Johnson & Johnson
NL - Associate Scientist Molecular and Bioassay development
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
Introduction of company and team:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing life-saving innovation to global health.
Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With the leading R&D group within the Dutch pharmaceutical industry, we are in an outstanding position to commercialize several vaccines in the near future. This gives excellent personal development opportunities!
The Molecular and Bioassay (MBA) team is a young and dynamic group (45team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, we use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for an Associate scientist who:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development and qualification activities of the team as a whole.
- Accurately and precisely designs and performs experiments to develop and optimize our methods.
- Has a structured way of working and affinity with reference material and critical reagent management for our methods.
- Takes ownership as author of standard operating procedures, method development or qualification reports and oral presentations.
- Takes an active role in lab management next to the experimental work and supports the improvement of an efficient lab organization.
- The perfect candidate will have a MSc degree (or equivalent) with 1-5 years work experience in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology.
- Experience with impurity methods like host cell protein and residual host cell DNA testing in the pharmaceutical industry or method development, GMP or ML2 laboratory is highly preferable.
- The candidate demonstrates strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others.
- We value an ethical working environment, as described in our Credo, where trust, diversity and inclusion are the fundament for success.
Our company offers a competitive salary, as well as flexible hours and home office possibilities. Are you our perfect candidate and ready to take this step in your career? Help us to get these vaccines on the market and be part of this outstanding opportunity!
- You will work on-site in Leiden.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner YACHT. They can offer you a contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J, a one year contract or a freelance contract (ZZP).