Johnson & Johnson
Senior Finance Business Partner - Remote
Senior Finance Business Partner - Remote
You may need to travel internationally for meetings, periodically but it will be predominantly remote. We are considering UK and Ireland based candidates.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Finance Business Partner for the EU MDR Programme running in the Johnson and Johnson Medtech division. This is the largest programme operating in the division today. This position requires a highly-motivated individual with intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills.
Johnson & Johnson MedTech Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals. It is one of the top 3 medical device companies globally. The Johnson & Johnson MedTech segment covers interventional solutions, orthopaedics, surgery and vision, with brand names such as Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuy Synthes, Ethicon, Acclarent and Acuvue.
European Medical Device Regulation (EU MDR) is a regulatory requirement that ensures high standards of quality and safety for medical devices that are being produced in or supplied into Europe. It impacts products that are supplied globally. The EU MDR programme has been running since 2016 with EU medical device regulation changes coming into force in 2024.
The Senior Finance Business Partner will provide financial reporting and support to the various EU MDR workstream leads across the Orthopaedics, Ethicon and CSS businesses in Medtech and will work with the R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, and Commercial Integration teams across the three businesses in Medtech.
The role is responsible for overall programme budget forecasting and to deliver the financial analysis and insights required to aid decision making and contribute to the success of supporting the businesses to transition from EU MDR programme funding back to the Medtech division base businesses (Orthopaedics, Ethicon and CSS) P&L’s.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead and develop the programme budgeting forecasting process: Link programme activities to budget forecasting and improve forecast accuracy in the implementation and sustain planning phases of the programme.
- Finance business partnering across the workstream leads to align programme budgets to programme activities and track to manage remaining overall budget spend, and to quantify programme risks and opportunities whilst Non-GAAP funding is available.
- Proactively plan and support the base businesses to quantify their resourcing and discretionary budget requirements in the transition and sustain phase; as part of the handover of programme activities and budgets back to the base businesses in Medtech.
- Develop a standard-format roadmap of reporting programme deliverables that link programme activities to budget expenditure and forecasts, highlighting financial risks and opportunities to track progress and support the transition of programme activities back to the base businesses in the Medtech division, and potential impacts to the base businesses P&L’s.
- Develop and implement process improvements to drive streamlined financial programme analysis and reporting.
- Support the preparation of ad-hoc analysis and management reporting to support programme executive steering committee presentations and decision making.
This position will play a key role in partnering with the programme leadership team in the development and framing of presentations for various leadership reviews (i.e. EU MDR leaders, MTLT, J&J Corporate Consolidations, etc.).
You will need:
- Qualified accountant with 5 years + post-qualification experience with a minimum of 3 years of that experience as a Finance Business Partner. Working in Medtech environment is preferred but not essential.
- Strong financial analysis, financial modelling, and business partnering skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills while working in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment.
- Previous experience in preparing and presenting PowerPoint presentations that include financial analysis, insights and recommendations to assist governance forums with decision making
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills are required to include Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, and formulas
- Experience with COGNOS, Power BI and BRAVO is preferred.
- Proactive approach and the ability to work independently to manage multiple tasks and a range of complex projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Collaborative approach working with key stakeholders and teams.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Identify and make decisions that have a significant project impact; escalating decisions that cannot be resolved within the project in line with project/programme governance structure.
- Deadline-driven, highly organised and able to multitask
- Experience of working on projects through the full delivery life cycle (from project concept/initiation to closing)
- Exceptional problem-solving ability including logical reasoning, creative thinking and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Identify, drive and lead problem solving and issue management for the project deliverables
- Influences and contributes to continuous improvement of methodology
- A team player who’s also an independent thinker
- Collaborates well across the organisation: Ability to positively engage and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Identifies and manages cross functional interdependencies
Level of Influence
- Influences and negotiates project outcomes with senior stakeholders, often across multiple functions.
- Prepares and presents analysis, insights and recommendation to assist governance forums with decision making
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Things to remember before applying for this role:
- We do not accept applications via email.
- For UK candidates - this role is INSIDE IR35
Thank you very much and we look forward to receiving your application.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.