Johnson & Johnson
Sourcing Manager - External Manufacturing
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce
Currently we are looking for a Sourcing Manager - External Manufacturing for one year.
The Manager, External Manufacturing will be responsible for leading the development of sub-category strategies and managing a $50MM or more in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. He/she will be responsible for several suppliers, including management of some of Johnson & Johnson's strategic partners. The spend is highly complex in nature and require extensive interaction with key stakeholders, suppliers leadership and other segment/functional leadership.
He/she will support Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end strategy and managing key supplier relationships. He/she will deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This role owns some strategic sourcing and supply responsibilities for external supply.
- Develop and support the Procurement vision with a focus on elevating the function to drive value beyond savings and supporting our mission of shaping supplier solutions that transform healthcare
- Identify emerging needs within a specific category and develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Perform analysis such as comparative analysis, rationalization analysis, sourcing decisions, business intelligence gathering and cost optimization identification analysis
- Interface directly with CEOs and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of J&J's objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Accountable to meet operational objectives; partner with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drive competitive advantage
- Oversee technology transfers and decommissioning of sites
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business; Lead key contract negotiations with strategic suppliers
- Implement Procurement goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelors or Equivalent - ideally MBA
- Required Years of Related Experience: 5+ Years
- Preferred Area of Study: Business, life sciences or related field
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management, Category Management, Sourcing and Supplier Management required)
- Multi-country and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses
- Strong leadership, vision setting, communication, influencing, collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Strong project and change management capabilities
- Ability to set strategy direction for area of responsibility
- Strong Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement of the organization
- Knowledge of general manufacturing principles and practices
- Knowledge of new product commercialization processes
- Fluent in English, writing, reading, speaking and listening
If you are interested in hearing more about our Sourcing Manager role, please do not hesitate to apply through the provided link today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!