Johnson & Johnson
UK - Senior Payroll Specialist
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Company: (for BBHR/Total Rewards use)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Payroll Specialist
SUPERVISOR NAME & TITLE: Country Payroll Lead
PAY GRADE: 23/24
DEPT NAME/LOCATION: Payroll Service Center - Wokingham
The Senior Payroll Specialist is part of a UK country wide team responsible for ensuring the payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
This is intended to be a general job description and should not be construed as all inclusive.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Define key tasks or activities and indicate percentage of time required to perform each task.
- Processing of UK payrolls for all Johnson & Johnson employees (3500 employees) to ensure accurate and timely payments using Workday and Intelligo software.
- Processing of monthly equity transactions to ensure correct tax treatment.
- Monthly preparation of all payroll cycle compliance and control documents.
- Support all audit activities as needed.
- Systems specialist in regard to enhancement and process improvements.
- Partner with Total Reward on the annual benefit renewal cycle to ensure all data is fed through to payroll accurately and timely.
- Support annual pension renewal and provide data as needed to TPV.
- Case management using internal software Salesforce. Reviewing and answering queries/tickets in a timely manner and in line with case guidance.
- Support global mobility process and procedures to ensure accurate reporting.
- Preparation of monthly payments for salaries, TPV's and HMRC.
- Adhoc project work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- CIPP Qualified desirable
Describe any additional knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required.
- Previous experience with Payroll processing is required.
- Knowledge of global mobility processes would be beneficial.
- An effective team player with a willingness to learn.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
- A sense of urgency in solving inquiries and requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL INTERACTIONS: Describe the frequency and purpose/nature of external interactions with customers of J&J, business-related contacts external to J&J, or with employees of J&J.
This role will perform his or her duties with an end-to-end process awareness and attention to upstream and downstream implications. Effectively partnership with peers within the service center, J&J colleagues outside the service center, and third party vendors outside the company.
This job will be performed within a corporate office environment, with minimal travel requirements.