Johnson & Johnson
Financial Accountant - Ireland
Financial Accountant - Westport, Ireland
100% Remote candidates are considered but you must be Ireland-based!
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Financial Accountant is accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information from the point of transaction through to financial close and periodic external reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually). This individual will support accounting processes, through effective, efficient and regulatory (SOX) compliant finance processes, and in accordance with US GAAP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.) Responsible for delivery of the general accounting processes and activities of the Shared Service organization including individual, shared service, and outsourced activities.
- Activities will include
- Journal entry Preparation
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation Preparation
- VAT/Vies/Intrastat reporting requirements
- Facilitate and perform period close activities
- Perform variance analyses and reconciliations, as required.
- Monitor and correct more complex data and information errors
- Address questions from internal and external teams are required,
- Coach/ support fellow team members (internal and outsourced) to handle more complex issues/ exceptions
2.) As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content, and superuser support for more complex accounting activities, as requested, including but not limited to
- General accounting
- VAT accounting
- Close and consolidations
- Fixed assets, capital project accounting
- Inter-Company transactions and allocations
- SOX compliance, internal controls
3.) Participate in process improvement reviews across Business Unit Finance, Global Services and outsourced teams as a part of continuous improvement activities:
- Support development of clearly defined, achievable team and individual goals.
- Capture and review scorecard KPI and measurement outcomes on a daily, weekly, and period basis.
- Perform root cause analysis for more complex exceptions.
- Investigate outstanding reconciliations and associated variances.
- Through continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis continue to address and eliminate data integrity and quality issues over time.
4.) Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information.
- Sustain minimum effective controls in compliance with SOX, World Wide Procedures, US GAAP and any other accounting pronouncements and policies required.
- Preparation of information for both External & Internal Audits.
- Participate in training and professional development activities to continue to develop Finance capabilities and professional expertise.
- Participate in the build and development of the organization’s digital capabilities using intelligent automation solutions.
5.)Perform ad hoc and special projects assignments, as required.
Professional Experience Required:
- 3+ years of general accounting experience in a complex global Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain US GAAP accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing VAT reporting requirements
- SAP or other ERP System experience
- Process excellence experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting
- Qualified Accountant – CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
In return for this role you will receive a very competitive hourly rate. A minimum 12 month contract with a very high chance of extension or temp to perm & an opportunity to work with a Global Leader within the Pharmaceutical sector, Johnson & Johnson.
Please note: The rate depends on how you are paid. Up to 28ph for PAYE, up to 35ph for LTD Companys.
If you are interested in this role please apply now, or for more information contact Tabitha.Crabtree@randstadsourceright.co.uk