Johnson & Johnson
NL - Senior Financial Analyst
Johnson & Johnson Worksense (via Randstad Sourceright) is responsible for finding, engaging and contracting talent for the Johnson & Johnson contingent workforce.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a key member of the Leiden Supply Chain Finance Team of the Janssen Biologics BV entity.
The manufacturing plant in Leiden is one of the largest plants in the global Manufacturing & Technical Operations (MTO) network of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC). Besides the existing plant that manufactures large molecule Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, last year, a plant has become operational to manufacture Vaccines for, among others, COVID-19. More recently preparations have started for a third plant that will manufacture Advanced Therapeutics.
We are part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest and most broadly based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
You will operate within a team of 5 Sr. Financial Analysts and report to the Sr. Finance Manager. You have close interaction with all business partners and local departments as well as with your peers at the other manufacturing sites across the world. You give financial support to the strategy of the businesses and to new investment decisions. You prepare forecasts, support business partners to execute within given targets and are actively involved in local and international finance optimization & standardization initiatives.
The JSC finance team is responsible for daily financial support and business partnering for the Janssen Supply Chain P&L as well as departmental expenses and headcount of assigned areas within Janssen Biologics Leiden. Due to growth of site activities, a (temporary) addition to the team has been approved.
This temporary role will support the Janssen Supply Chain finance team in the planning, reporting, analysis and consolidation tasks related to JSC departmental expenses. Further the role will support the clinical manufacturing and clinical services as well as the research & development departments in Janssen Biologics.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis, review and consolidation of quarterly results: preparation and review of budget versus actual analyses and charge out to the appropriate internal JnJ customers. Proactive investigation and explanation of variances. Challenge of business assumptions and implementation of corrective actions.
- Financial closing procedures (in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines). Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial reporting requirements and submissions in financial systems.
- Engage business partners using fact-based data and advanced analytics to achieve mutually agreed business objectives. Educate business partners on financial issues and concepts, ranging from daily operations up to long term capital investments.
- Coordinate and support the yearly Business Planning Process and periodic budget updates. Accountability for assigned elements of the business planning and forecasting cycle processes, including preparation of templates and detailed calculations, consolidation of input, challenge results and prepare management reporting.
- Actively cooperate with business partners during budget preparation, apply business knowledge on assumptions, identify cost savings and influence decision making. Understand linkages to strategic plan.
- A university degree in Finance & Economics with 6 to 8 years of relevant business experience is preferred.
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and taking ownership. Great teammate with open communication, both verbally and in writing. Customer focused, build relations and considering needs of business partners.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills. Continuous improvement mentality. Ability to handle several tasks, also under time pressure, while sustaining a high accuracy of business results.
- Sound knowledge of SAP R/3 and MS-Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams).
- Proficiency in English is required; Dutch is a plus.
- This is a contracting position, with the possibility of an extension after the end date. You will receive a contract via our partner YACHT. They can offer you a contract for the duration of the assignment at J&J, a one year contract or a freelance contract (ZZP).